- Basically: Attribution, non-commercial and share-alike, except for the commercial plans.
- I will not generate fake API keys in order to get more requests.
- Forvo reserves the right to end or close the API service without perjudice.
- Forvo reserves the right to cancel my API account if any of the above are not fully fulfilled.
API requests limit
- Every Plan has its own requests limits. You can see at any moment your stats at your account. This limit is reset every day at 22:00 (UTC).
API keys usage
- Your application will only use one API key. You can't create different ones for getting more requests or even encourage end users to get their own API keys. This is forbidden.
Audio links lifetime
- When you generate an audio link using Forvo API it's valid during the next 2 hours. If you want to reuse it after that time it won't work. Important: It is not allowed to cache audio pronunciations.
- "Request" means calls to the API from your Application to retrieve content through the API, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- A "request" is also counted for every play of an audio file from your application to Forvo.
Disclaimer - Limitation of Liability
The API, content and FORVO marks are provided "as is" and without warranty of any kind and FORVO expressly disclaims any and all warranties of any kind or nature, whether express, implied or statutory, including without limitation the implied warranties of title, non-infrigement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. FORVO does not warrant that the API will be uninterrupted or error-free. FORVO shall not be liable for any loss of use, loss of data, interruption of business, downtime, lost profits, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability, or otherwise, even if FORVO has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will FORVO's liability for any claim arising under these terms and conditions exceed amounts paid by customer under these terms and conditions. The existence of one or more claims will not enlarge this limit.